A Friend of Mine is Going Blind - YT audio
(05-27-2019, 09:10 PM)drd Wrote: Well, I look forward to the story when it is posted.

....so....you weren't at the memorial service yourself then?

Yes, I was. I sat closest next to his guitar. But the people that planned it said the venue would not allow it to be filmed so I concentrated on holding my iPhone broadcasting it live on Facebook. I later found out the venue also had broadcast it so it was for nothing. So I wasn't able to focus on the service, grieve properly, etc. Someone later pointed out his urn was right next to me also. I was just unaware of everything. 

I was in the midst of digitizing the music he gave me and in a panic to get it done because some people had said they could show up at any time at my door and take it from me. It took me months to accept his passing because I was always focused on one thing or another. Lately I've realized I've always been that way - kind of mental tunnel vision. The only participation I had in the service was I was asked to bring a binder of photos to have at the entrance, besides being told what to put up on the website.

Michael died on my little sister's birthday and she took her life 6 months later while she was listening to his music. He adored her and doted on her when she was a kid. The last time she and I communicated was when she was crying after seeing his photo on the country music awards memoriam segment. 2017 pretty much sucked. TMI, I know.
Cindy McArthur, Webmaster

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Friend of Mine is Going Blind - YT audio - by Cindy M - 05-27-2019, 09:25 PM