looking for chords
I went to Denison University in Ohio from 1966-1970 and Michael Johnson came to play there at least twice. It was long ago and it was the 60s after all, so my memory is far from perfect. I know he played  there as part of Denver Boise and Johnson and again as a solo act. The venue was a tiny coffeehouse named The Bandersnatch, at which the college group I was in, Phil Dirt and The Moundbuilders, played a few times, including "opening" for John Denver in one of his solo performaces there. After an MJ show, some of us students were able to persuade Michael to come to our frat house and play a little more. There may have been smokable inducements. At any rate, I became a fan and followed his career after that. I came to this board in a roundabout way. I still play guitar at about the level I did in 1968 and was not particularly accomplished then, but I like to noodle around and particularly like take existing songs and do humorous or political parodies. I loved MJ's version of "You Have Got To Be Carefully Taught" and am hoping someone can point me to a chord chart for that song. Whether or not I can find it, I will put There Is A Breeze on and listen to all the songs.

tom in ohio
Hi Tom, I have a chart for my attempt at playing this like MJ. I can't figure out how to post a PDF. PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.
(03-07-2019, 09:29 PM)wmelander Wrote: Hi Tom, I have a chart for my attempt at playing this like MJ. I can't figure out how to post a PDF. PM me with your email address and I will send it to you.

Hi,
If you send it to me, I will put it permanently on the lyrics & chords page on this website. (Did you try the "New attachment" option below?)
Cindy McArthur, Webmaster

.pdf   You've Got to Be Carefully Taught.pdf (Size: 57.77 KB / Downloads: 5)