Need Ideas for Website Heading!
Hi,
Right now I have "Share & Misc" for the following sections:

New Forum  (which I'll change to Message Board)

Board Archives (original board posts 2002-2018)
Tributes
Miscellany (Everything Else)
Your MJ Stories
Guest Book (which I think I should change to Guestbook Archives)

I had this section named Mélange originally - which means a mixture, a medley. I don't know if this word is widely known (I certainly hadn't heard of it.) So then I changed it to Share & Misc. Maybe Forum & Misc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Michael would have been my go to for this.
Cindy
(12-11-2018, 07:53 PM)Cindy M Wrote: Hi,
Right now I have "Share & Misc" for the following sections:

New Forum  (which I'll change to Message Board)

Board Archives (original board posts 2002-2018)
Tributes
Miscellany (Everything Else)
Your MJ Stories
Guest Book (which I think I should change to Guestbook Archives)

I had this section named Mélange originally - which means a mixture, a medley. I don't know if this word is widely known (I certainly hadn't heard of it.) So then I changed it to Share & Misc. Maybe Forum & Misc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. Michael would have been my go to for this.
Cindy

I wonder if splitting this in two might be an easier and more intuitive solution.  A "Message Board" heading would hold the new board, the "Message Board Archive", and the "Guest Book Archive".  Then you could either have a true Miscellany heading or perhaps move the three remaining sections under other headings.  "Tributes", possibly called Remembrances, could go under "Photos".  "MJ Stories" and the current "Miscellany" content could be placed under "Readings & Writings".  The current Miscellany contents does appear to be writings of MJ.
(12-14-2018, 03:00 AM)PaulAshley Wrote: I wonder if splitting this in two might be an easier and more intuitive solution.  A "Message Board" heading would hold the new board, the "Message Board Archive", and the "Guest Book Archive".  Then you could either have a true Miscellany heading or perhaps move the three remaining sections under other headings.  "Tributes", possibly called Remembrances, could go under "Photos".  "MJ Stories" and the current "Miscellany" content could be placed under "Readings & Writings".  The current Miscellany contents does appear to be writings of MJ.

Paul,
Many thank for your ideas!! I think with the old design, I didn't have room for more headings but now I do. 

1) Great idea for the Message Board heading.

2) Tributes change to Remembrances - I like that. But to move it to Photos - no, because it's not all photos.

3) Miscellany is not writings of MJ - only one quote is.

4) So I'm thinking of possibly a MISCELLANY main heading. Put the Miscellany page (rename it - ideas anyone? I could call it "Everything Else" for now. Also include Tributes/Remembrances, Your MJ Stories

5) the MORE heading could be renamed. This is pretty much "website" stuff. So call it "MJBLUE WEBSITE" perhaps?

6) Maybe move the FAQ to MISCELLANY

7) Move the Concert Itinerary from THE MUSIC to MISCELLANY. At this point, it's historical info. 

8) Rename the new MISCELLANY to MJ MISCELLANY.