So much to talk about!
Cindy,

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your job, and then had to be on the receiving end of that fan's displeasure with your site.

I always enjoyed visiting your website and NEVER found it to be unprofessional.  Like MJ, your website made me smile!

When I think of Minnesota, I think of Land O Lakes butter; I think of the factory that produced countless cans of SPAM to send oversees to our brave troops in WWII; and of course, I think of Michael Johnson!  All three images should have been on the MN state quarter, IMHO.  But I digress...

Whenever I was missing MJ, I would go to your home page and have a good laugh when looking at the SPAM photo!  Michael had such a wonderful smile in real life, and in that photo!  I loved seeing the photo, and loved remembering him laughing. 

It was great seeing his quirky handwriting again, too, always scrawled in GIANT letters with a big black Sharpie pen!  He would always end up losing his pens somehow.... and then he would promptly lose the ones I loaned him!

What kind of website would your detractor have you create instead?  Should there be a sombre web site with a fake tombstone like Find-A-Grave?  Should the background be black and foreboding?  Should there be a photo of the wooden box which once held his cremains?  Should there be a hearse?  A funeral flower arrangement?  Just what should be there instead? 

Would Michael have wanted something that serious?  One would hope not.  Despite all the years of sadness that touched his life, he never showed that side of himself to his fans.  Instead, he brought happiness to everyone he met with his stories and music.  Let's all remember him as inimitable, and whimsical, and self-deprecating and charming.  It's how I choose to remember him.

Messages In This Thread
So much to talk about! - by Cindy M - 01-21-2019, 07:36 PM
RE: So much to talk about! - by retnavycpo - 01-21-2019, 09:29 PM
RE: So much to talk about! - by drd - 01-21-2019, 11:22 PM
RE: So much to talk about! - by NewYorkMJFan - 01-25-2019, 10:24 PM
RE: So much to talk about! - by pob - 01-28-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: So much to talk about! - by Cindy M - 01-29-2019, 09:03 PM
RE: So much to talk about! - by Nicholas Marcario - 01-31-2019, 01:50 PM
RE: So much to talk about! - by Cindy M - 01-31-2019, 09:08 PM