In Concert 1989 - YouTube Audio & Video
Michael Johnson - In Concert, Rockford IL, December 16, 1989

https://youtu.be/7xP13ZMRu5s

Audio was recorded among audience so it's pretty poor but the guitarists will appreciate seeing his guitar fingering.

This is the only video I have of Michael performing Dreaming Sweet Dreams, Mr. Arthur's Place, Ghosts, Family Tie, Martha and OB Glad!

Songs: Upon a Christmas Eve (Prestwood), Drops of Water (LaBounty/Freeland), The Moon is Still Over Her Shoulder (Prestwood), Jacques Cousteau (Paley/Bertrand), Catch Another Butterfly (Michael Williams), Roller Coaster Run (Prestwood), You'll Always be Heart and Soul to Me (Pat Alger), It's My Job (Mac McAnally), Worth the Trouble (Prestwood), Circle of Fifths (Raun MacKinnon), Ghost In This House (Prestwood), Nothing Sweeter than Sin (Gene Nelson), Ain't Dis Da Life (Mike Smith), Family Tie (Prestwood), That's That (Prestwood), I Will Whisper Your Name (Randy Van Warmer), Life's a Bitch (Schuyler/Knobloch), Diamond Dreams (Parker McGee/Bud Harner), Martha (Prestwood), Ghosts (Randy Newman), See You Soon (Paul Johnson), The Last One Singing the Blues (Peter McCann), Mr. Arthur's Place (Thom Bishop), Garbage Can (Ted Anderson), Give Me Wings (Fleming/Schlitz), Dreaming Sweet Dreams (Prestwood), O.B. Glad (Johnson/Henley)
Cindy McArthur, Webmaster
I have to add that it’s sometimes painful to watch this concert. I do not like the video filming at all. Sometimes focusing on nothing but his forehead for instance.

And as for sound, he always had it in his contract to provide a rug to muffle his foot tapping. Just a comment, it’s not an irritation to me like the video.

Regardless, this video is still a treasure.
I like it also, and yes the video leaves a little to be desired. However having said that, there are two songs particularly that stick out for me that I've not heard before; one is Family Tie and of course the other is Martha... not forgetting ALL the others. And the foot tapping wasn't irritating, it seemed to add to the overall performance. It must have been a real treat seeing him perform live. Knowing what I do now, I'll always regret that.

Keep uploading those gems Cindy. You and Michael have made a difference in so many lives I'm sure. Mine most certainly.
...there are two songs particularly that stick out for me that I've not heard before; one is Family Tie and of course the other is Martha...

https://youtu.be/Li7JOiTnOXc

(Also, I have stories about both. But I still have my Friend of Mine is Going Blind story to put up. I wish people would nag me. Big Grin)
(07-30-2019, 01:10 AM)Cindy M Wrote: ...there are two songs particularly that stick out for me that I've not heard before; one is Family Tie and of course the other is Martha...

https://youtu.be/Li7JOiTnOXc

(Also, I have stories about both. But I still have my Friend of Mine is Going Blind story to put up. I wish people would nag me. Big Grin)

Ok, nag, nag.....
What's the story about A Friend of Mine is Going Blind?   Get with the program, girl!
This one's a keeper (as if there are none other) nagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnag..... :-)
(07-30-2019, 06:07 PM)drd Wrote: This one's a keeper (as if there are none other)  nagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnagnag..... :-)

I've written the first draft and forwarded it to POB for her to look over. I need someone who's a good writer to suggest changes. Volunteers?
Well, I can give it a go.
(08-01-2019, 02:04 PM)drd Wrote: Well, I can give it a go.

Okay, I'll forward it to you.
I am SO glad you posted this video. I've watched it about ten times. You might not like the video quality, but I think it's Michael as himself - talking with the crowd and telling stories as if he's known them their whole lives. I know I've heard "Diamond Dreams" before, but since listening to it on the video I can't get it out of my mind. I'm finding that to be a pattern. I get one of his songs in my mind and it stays. Last week it was "Kiss Me Goodbye" and it made me cry every time it came back to my brain. These are treasures, Cindy. We are so grateful for you continuing to keep his wishes and let his voice live on. I have found that we have YouTube as a feature on our TV so I keep it on much of the day now, just playing his videos. Thank you again.