Message Board Exclusive - It Might As Well Be Spring
It Might as Well Be Spring. Live (at my house), December 15, 1995. Yes, I turned down the TV eventually

https://mjblue.com/songs/It%20Might%20As...Spring.mp3

Rodgers & Hammerstein

I'm as restless as a willow in a wind storm
I'm as giddy as a baby on a swing
I'd say that I had spring fever
But I know it isn't spring

I'm starry eyed and vaguely discontented
Like a nightingale without a song to sing
I'd say that I had spring fever
But I know it isn't spring

I keep wishing I was somewhere else
Walking down a strange new street
Hearing words that I have never heard
From a girl I've yet to meet

I'm as busy as a spider spinning daydreams
I'm as jumpy as a puppet on a string
I haven't seen a crocus or a rosebud
Or a robin on the wing

But I feel so gay in a melancholy way
That it might as well be spring
It might as well be spring
Cindy McArthur, Webmaster
What a good song. Another of his 'demos?' You must treasure those times he was there playing for you.
Did you/he always have a tape recorder going whenever he was playing something?
(12-21-2020, 03:35 PM)drd Wrote: What a good song. Another of his 'demos?' You must treasure those times he was there playing for you.
Did you/he always have a tape recorder going whenever he was playing something?

I have lots of live recordings, whether on the road or at my house. But I didn't always get to record him when he sang to me. I sure miss that, an understatement.
Cindy McArthur, Webmaster
(12-23-2020, 12:07 PM)Cindy M Wrote: I have lots of live recordings, whether on the road or at my house. But I didn't always get to record him when he sang to me. I sure miss that, an understatement.

Wow!  This post brought back a very powerful memory!  Many years ago, Michael was opening for Dan Seals at Massasoit College in Brockton, Massachusetts. After Michael sang, Dan Seals was on stage.  However, Michael and I sat in the lobby catching up on all that had happened since we last met and talked.  We could hear Dan Seals singing in the auditorium behind us.  The conversation stopped as Dan Seals began to sing his next song.  Michael leaned back against the wall and stared off into space.  He said, "I LOVE this song," and sang along to "You Still Move Me."  He was not singing to me, he was just singing along with Seals.  As he sang, my heart felt like it was breaking in pieces, wishing that someday some man would sing a song like that to me.   Cindy, you were very lucky to have had Michael sing to you.  Treasure those moments in your heart always.