Gustavus Concert Tapes
The Gustavus recording engineer will be sending me all his DAT tapes of the concerts he recorded. Previoussly he had given me mix CDs or the concerts with only the songs. 

He says "All The recordings I have are DATs. My DAT player is failing but the last time I played the tapes they were deteriorating so good to have someone work on them and preserve those wonderful concert performances."

Unfortunately I gave back Michael's DAT machine to the family and used units are pricey on eBay. I couldn't find any for rent ion the Twin Cities. 

The tapes should be baked first if they're deteriorating. The place I go to for baking and conversion, TwoSquares, they don't charge for the baking if you pay for any conversion. Unfortunately conversion is $20 a tape. I don't know how many tapes I'll be getting and if it's a large amount if TwoSquares will give me any price break. In any case, I may have to ask for donations as I'm without funds.

When I get the tapes, I will add another posting. Just wanted to let you know, we might have some great concerts to listen to soon!
Cindy McArthur, Webmaster

Messages In This Thread
Gustavus Concert Tapes - by Cindy M - 07-05-2019, 12:17 PM
RE: Gustavus Concert Tapes - by pob - 07-05-2019, 04:20 PM
RE: Gustavus Concert Tapes - by Cindy M - 07-05-2019, 04:40 PM
RE: Gustavus Concert Tapes - by pob - 07-05-2019, 07:51 PM
RE: Gustavus Concert Tapes - by Cindy M - 07-05-2019, 09:01 PM
RE: Gustavus Concert Tapes - by Iowafemale - 07-18-2019, 09:01 PM
RE: Gustavus Concert Tapes - by Cindy M - 07-18-2019, 10:45 PM